Our Response to COVID-19
It is of utmost importance to us that our patients, staff, and families stay well through this unprecedented time. With the emergence of COVID-19 in the United States, we are closely monitoring statements and recommendations from the Centers For Disease and Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
At this time, we will resume our normal hours of operation while implementing several preventative measures in our facility.
We are implementing the following to protect patients, staff, and the community from the potential spread of illness.
- All visitors and staff must arrive wearing a mask. A mask will be provided if needed.
- One (1) parent/caregiver/family member is allowed to accompany the patient. We ask all other family members and visitors to please stay home.
- Placing additional hand sanitizer in patient rooms, as well as patient waiting areas.
- Encouraging employees to closely monitor any potential symptoms of illness, regularly wash hands, and limit the amount of contact with surfaces and others.
- Routinely sanitizing surfaces, patient rooms/waiting areas, and equipment.
We request that you reschedule your appointment if:
- You and/or the patient have experienced the following symptoms within the last 7 days
- Shortness of Breath
- Flu-Like Symptoms
- Runny Nose/Nasal Congestion
- Sore Throat
- You and/or the patient have traveled to or had close contact with someone who has traveled to high risk countries.
- You and/or the patient have tested positive for or been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
If you have any questions or concerns please call our office at (205) 324-7897. We hope to provide you with any assistance necessary while navigating this unprecedented time, and thank you for your patience in advance.